Wednesday, February 9, 2011

When the student is ready...

...the teacher appears.

Happy Wednesday Chaps!

Today's word of wisdom is a Buddhist proverb that has always intrigued me. I don't know about you but whenever I actually get to the point of realizing I might be stuck or struggling with something and start earnestly looking for answers, God seems to show up (cunningly disguised as the entire universe!) and pours huge amounts of possible options into my lap; it's happened to me time and time again and it's amazing!

I think what this proverb is saying is that we have to admit we don't know before new teachers can make any impact; all the time we sit up on our high horses of 'What We Know For Sure' new teachers and learning just roll off us (nagative teflon moments) but if we open ourselves up to the possibility, curiosity and not knowing extraordinary things can happen. We could actually learn something - wooo hooooo!

me on my VERY high horse

The proverb reminds me of a wonderful Bible verse:

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you" Matthew 7:7

This verse makes me wonder how often we don't get answers because we don't ask for them, instead we believe that God is way too busy dealing with the really BIG problems in the world, so the last thing we want to do is to bother him with "little old me." It's a wicked lie people, he wouldn't have made a promise like Matthew 7:7 if he didnt intend to keep it.

Today I'm in Washington DC teaching a leadership class, these classes are some of the highlights of my work because I just love seeing what people do with all the new ideas. My prayer for today is that even though I'm teaching, I can adopt the position of learner so God can work in wonderful ways through me and bring forth extraordinary learning for each of the participants.

A few thoughts for today...

Are you ready to become the student today and wait for the teacher to appear?

How high is your horse? (I bet mine is higher!!)

What do you need to open up to and get curious about?

Where would a little less you and a lot more God help?

Have a GREAT day y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment