Wednesday, October 26, 2011

...anybody there?

Sorry to have left you languishing for so long - I was stuck in a moment and I couldn't get out of it!

For those of you who are my Facebook Friends, you'll know that for the last three weeks I've been being stalked...not by a person but by a song!!


The song is 'Stuck in a Moment' by U2 and it goes like this...
"I'm not afraid of anything in this world, There's nothing you can throw at me that I haven't already heard, I'm just trying to find a decent melody, A song that I can sing in my own company.I never thought you were a fool, but darling, look at you; You gotta stand up straight, carry your own weight, These tears are going nowhere, baby.You've got to get yourself together, You've got stuck in a moment and now you can't get out of it, don't say that later will be better, now you're stuck in a moment and you can't get out of it.I will not forsake the colours that you bring, the nights you filled with fireworks, they left you with nothing. I am still enchanted by the light you brought to me, I listen through your ears, through your eyes I can see.And you are such a fool to worry like you do,  I know it's tough and you can never get enough of what you don't really need now, my, oh my.I was unconscious, half asleep, The water is warm till you discover how deep,  I wasn't jumping, for me it was a fall It's a long way down to nothing at all.And if the night runs over, and if the day won't last, and if our way should falter along the stony pass.It's just a moment, this time will pass."
I've never been stalked by a song before, and its been quite an experience! It's been playing on the radio many times just as I switched it on or walked back into a room. Bono and The Edge appeared on David Letterman's show and just burst into it, and it's constantly rumbling round in my head and so I'm getting more and more curious.

As a Christian I've become very aware of patterns that appear in my life, as I've discovered that If I pay attention they often lead me towards or away from things or people that are either helpful or harmful for me. Things happen that only me and God could know about or appreciate and I choose to look at them as messages from him to me. It's awesome and I'm humbled and amazed each time it happens.

I'm not sure what the full intent of my 'stalker song' is just yet although it has caused me to think...what am I stuck in, what can't I get out of and what am I putting off till later. They're great deep questions and I'm glad they are mine for the moment.

Because as the very talented Bono & The Edge know "It's just a moment, this time will pass"


No comments:

Post a Comment