Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring has sprung...

The grass is ris'
I wonder where the birdies is?

This is one of my Mum's classic poems which always appears around this time of year, I know it has additional lines but the first two are enough for me!

Is it just me or does anyone else notice a completely different feeling about spring to any other time of the year; it just seems so blooming hopeful and energetic!


Even the birdies seem perkier in the spring, they make much more noise and get going a lot earlier each day.

Of course spring brings with it all kinds of work including the big garden clean-up, raking all those leaves that should have been raked up last autumn but the snow came too fast, cleaning out the gutters, cutting back plants that look unruly and in my case spraying every energetic little green shoot with 'Deer Off' to prevent the hoards of killer bunnies from devouring every single living thing in the garden!

It's do great to be back outside in the fresh air after the six month winter we just had, to feel the sun on your face, smell the lovely spring smells of the garden coming back to life and getting hands in the dirt once more.

Woooo Hooooo I feel like leaping in the air too!

What's your favorite sign of spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment