Sunday, January 8, 2012

YOUR mission should you choose to accept it...

Happy Sunday Joy, Love and Work-ers!


Firstly THANKS SOOOOO MUCH for all your notes, prayers, contributions and words of encouragement over the past week since I posted about my upcoming mission trip to Guatemala - I can't explain how uplifted I feel, so please don't stop!!

Last week my preparation was to gather supplies, write a presentation for the group about language in Guatemala (did you know that over 50 languages are spoken of which 21 are officially recognized and they are all rooted in the original Proto-Mayan languages which are about 5000 years old? - no, i didn't either!!) and finding a book that will help me understand the Guatemalan people and culture (my book review is due next week and i'll be happy to forward it to you upon request!)

At our team meeting today I learned that during our trip I will be working with the Leadership Training Team, our job is to design and deliver a 'Retreat' for the Pastors, Deacons and Elders of the local churches. I'm VERY excited about this opportunity as I always feel called to support leaders, and so for me to be able support and help refresh and revitalize these folk who are work so hard for God will be a real treat. I cant wait :-) 

This week is our LAST WEEK TO COLLECT SUPPLIES! the reason we have to have them gathered so early is to get all the correct customs paperwork completed in which every single item has to be documented. It's a long and dull process but hopefully will be well worth the effort when we see the faces of the Guatemalan's who will benefit from them. 



AND HERE'S YOUR MISSION SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT we need to gather AS MANY of the following items as we can by 12noon next Sunday 15th January. I'm happy to provide Caribou Coffee, Beer or Wine to folks who can get me these supplies just text, e-mail or call me and we can arrange a handover...so whadaya think?
  • Shoes for Children - new & gently used, from babies to adult size 5, no boot please!
  • Backpacks - new & gently used, non-branded if possible
  • School supplies - 
    • Notebooks without spiral binding
    • ballpoint pens - all colors - no pencils please as they don't have sharpeners
  • Medical supplies
    • Large bottles of Ibruprofen
    • Acetaminophen or Tylenol
    • Children's Tylenol meltaways
    • Children's vitamins (chewable not gummy)
    • Cough drops
    • Tums
    • Eye drops or natural tears
    • Neosporin
    • Bacitracin
    • Soap - regular sized bars
    • Eucerin cream
    • Shampoo - all sizes
  • Dental supplies
    • Toothbrushes
    • Toothpaste
    • Floss
Again, thanks for such wonderful support and encouragement. 

Have a Fabulous day and a Blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment