Tuesday, February 22, 2011

In-di-vid-u-a-li-ty

Morning Chaps

Call me obsessed but after almost forty hours of snow it's still fresh on my mind!

Just look at this...


Snowflakes, each one different, unique, special and they're all so pretty too - doesn't that just blow you away? 

For some reason snowflakes remind me of the following Bible passage

            For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.


             Psalm 139:13-16

God of the snowflakes is our God. He created each one of them and he created each one of us, we can see from the snowflakes that he doesn't spare a single detail in the process of creation, he's on it, all of it, all the time and it's the same with us too.

However we look, however we feel, whatever we think is right or wrong with us we have been perfectly created to do the work God has for us to do, and that work is right here, right now wherever we find that we have landed - just like those snowflakes.

Our individuality and uniqueness are the tools we have to do the work we have to do, there's not one perfect type of person for every situation but instead we are perfectly equipped to do whatever lays ahead of us. In my professional life I've seen people try and change who they are to be 'who they think they should be' and it never works; we can't keep ourselves down too long before we 'pop-up' in all our glory and our cover is blown. 

Here are two top-tips for releasing our in-di-vid-u-a-li-ty:

1.  Position ourselves in a place where who we are is appreciated firstly by ourselves and then by others

2.  Ask ourselves this question on a regular basis "How can who I am make what I'm doing better?" 

Being a first rate version of ourselves is so much better than a second, third or fourth rate version of someone else. So go ahead, let your little in-di-vid-u-al-snowflake-self-sparkle! because by doing so, you'll give others the permission to sparkle too :-)

Sparkle on y'all!





No comments:

Post a Comment